Gas Gas is now in its 9th year of four stroke development and as we have seen over the last few models Gas Gas have certainly done their homework in producing a leading contender in this premier class.
Gas Gas have once again added improvements that will see the EC450 stay ahead of its competitors, concentrating on improving handling, braking, added value and esthetics.
The EC450 will follow in the looks of its two stroke stable mate hosting a new D- profile microfusion frame painted in Gas Gas red, new front headlight and front guard.
Quick release front axle, Renthal twin wall handle bars with Pro grip racing hand grips, Galfer wave disc front and rear and revised front and rear Sachs suspension are just some of the changes that will be seen for this model.
With more added value, the EC450 will once again be the class leader.
The all new EC450 model is due in 2013 with a host of world leading upgrades.
- Model: EC 450 FSR (current model)
- Cylinder Size: 449 c.c.
- Type: 4-stroke single cylinder with 4-valve cylinder head
- Cylinders: 1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Bore x Stroke: 97×60,8mm
- Carburetor: Electronic injection (Battery less EFI)
- Supply: Kokusan Electronic injection (Battery less EFI)
- Clutch: Multi-disc hydraulic operated
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Transmission: Primary with gears, secondary with chain
- Starting: Electric starting and additional kick-starter pedal
- Frame: Deltabox*, build with Cromoly “D” tubes.
- Front Suspension: 48 mm upside-down Sachs fork, 290 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: One-piece aluminum swing arm progressive system with Sachs shock absorber, 320 mm travel.
- Front Brake: 260mm. Galfer wave disc brake, brake pump and double-piston calliper Nissin.
- Rear Brake: 220mm. Galfer wave disc brake, brake pump and single-piston calliper Nissin.
- Quick release front axle
- Handle bars: Renthel Twin wall with Pro-Grips racing hand grips
- Wheels: D.I.D. Rims
- Front Tyre: 90×90 – 21″ Metzeler
- Rear Tyre: 140×80 – 18″ Metzeler
- Kick start Pedal: Forged aluminum
- Brake & Gear Pedal: Forged aluminium with flexible tip
- Wheelbase: 1465mm
- Seat Height: 940mm
- Min Ground Clearance: 370mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 7.5L
- Weight: 118kg
- Warranty: 12 Warranty (see dealers for details)